This is the last “healthy habit” to start forming before the diet. Next week we’ll start talking about calories.
I have to admit that I’m still not very good at drinking 8 glasses of 8 oz of water a day. Even knowing these benefits:
- flushes out toxins
- flushes out excess water retention (flush the bloat)
- flushes out bad germs (I get much less colds when I remember to drink)
The problem is, I need to know where every bathroom is between here and there … even if I don’t know where there is.
It’s still an important healthy habit to start.
My trick this time around is to create a pattern of drinking.
- I drink 1 cup of water before I eat any meal or snack. That’s 4 glasses a day at least.
- I drink 1 cup of water after I finish a meal or snack. That’s 4 glasses a day.
- Before I snack on chocolate or other non-diet food (chips, Jaret’s Stuffed Cupcakes), I will drink another ABOVE glass of water first.
This will help me to feel fuller longer.
Why not try it yourself. See if this routine works for you.
- Remember to record how many glasses you actually drink a day. Then you can see your daily average over a week. I’m using S Health to register both my water and coffee.
- Remember to make a mental note where all the bathrooms are. You’ll need to know.
- Buy Poise or something similar. It helps me on those long walks when my 81 lb puppy doesn’t care to hurry home.
How are your daily to do’s?
The only thing that kept me from gaining all my weight back was my daily weigh-in. By the time I fell (will share that story in another post), I knew the impact of eating and not exercising would have. I saw the results every day when I weighed in. I set a limit in my mind. I would remain in the “normal” BMI but would stop short of crossing out of the normal range. I was saved by my daily weigh-in’s and recording.
I’m still weighing in. How about you?
I’m averaging about 7,000 steps a day (according to S Health Weekly Summary). How about you? Are you over 4,000 steps yet? The goal is to reach 10,000 steps per day for good health.
Are your app’s on your home screen? It does help when you see them every day.
- Healthy habits help you lose and maintain a good weight.
- A scale is just the provider of information to help you make healthier choices.
- Don’t just eat more calories; earn them!
- Flush out the bloat.
Get Back To Health To Do List
- Weigh In DAILY (recording the date/weight)
- Increase your steps every day by 250.
- Eat your meals within 12 hours.
- Drink 64 oz of water a day.
Welcome to the journey to better health! You can do it!